TechSoup is proud to announce our newest donor partner, Box.org. It provides organizations with the Box file-sharing, content management, and collaboration service.
See the Box.org Donation Program for details about this offer.
Is It Right for My Organization?
You can use Box's cloud-based storage and collaboration tools to replace traditional on-premises file servers and traditional file-sharing processes. It also provides tools that facilitate program management, funding development, and global collaboration.
If your organization works with sensitive data, Box also provides the administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to support your organization's compliance with HIPAA.
How Does It Work?
Merely a storage service? Think again! There are a ton of potential benefits from the various ways you can use Box's features. This long list includes:
- Efficiency through organization: be able to work faster and more efficiently with the help of a well-organized storage. Find files easier by creating subfolders based on type of responsibility or based on office branch, if your organization is geographically dispersed.
- Effective task management: delegate tasks and responsibilities directly from your storage with the help of commenting and taks management features.
- Faster collaboration: open, edit and share files easily with the ability of accessing your files through any device, or by even embedding them to your websites.
- Amiable integration: integrate your Box accounts with other existing systems such as Office 365, Netsuite, Salesforce and more!
Eligible organizations can receive a donation of Box Starter Edition that includes 10 user licenses and 100 GB of storage space. These licenses are perpetual, meaning they never expire. You can upload and share files up to 2 GB in size with the Starter Edition.
See all the features included in the Box Started Edition by clicking here >>
Nonprofit Success Stories
These organizations are using Box to more effectively carry out their missions.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: This organization used Box to more effectively raise funds for blood cancer research. Its employees use Box to share digital asset libraries and collaborate with third-party vendors. When raising funds at events in the field, employees use Box on iPads to share videos, PDFs, and presentations with potential donors.
- Grameen Foundation: This global microfinance nonprofit improved collaboration across four continents with Box. Before using Box, it had problems providing access to shared servers and its intranet to field offices in South America, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. It has integrated Box content with its Salesforce implementation.
- Operation Hope: This financial literacy nonprofit uses Box as its primary content management system for all employees. Before Box, it had problems with employees accessing content because its internal servers crashed frequently.
- Teach for America, The International Rescue Committee, and Kiva all use Box for content management and collaboration. Learn more about their stories and watch a video detailing their work on the Box website.
- Team Rubicon, Habitat for Humanity Australia, and Beyond12 also use Box to achieve their diverse goals. Learn more about each of these organizations on the Box blog.
Check out how other organizations are using Box to create positive change by reading success stories on the Box.org website.